What’s the perfect cap to any outfit? A gorgeous smile. We hear it quoted ad nauseam by “Annie” aficionados; still, there’s wisdom in the refrain “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.”
But what if your smile falls short of being attractive for some reason? Teeth are a major factor in this regard, hence the need to get help from a dentist NYC folks can bring in a wide and crazy variety of dental issues, but there is sure to be a solution for every last one of them.
- Crooked teeth – Not everybody was able to benefit from orthodontic treatment as children. While adults can definitely go for traditional braces or the more convenient versions such as Invisalign or Six Month Smiles, they can also opt to use porcelain veneers to achieve that much-improved smile. Porcelain veneers are also great for gaps between teeth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth – These can result from something as innocuous as chewing sticky candy or tough meat to incurring more serious trauma like that from an injury. They can be remedied with bonded fillings, porcelain inlays or on lays, and porcelain veneers.
- Discolored teeth – Teeth stain easily and as we age, we’ll notice changes in their color. It can’t be all blamed on improper oral hygiene. At times, illnesses and medication cause teeth discoloration. The food and drinks we consume also contribute to the staining. And it’s even worse for those who smoke. Whitening is the solution for such a problem, and there are several procedures available for those looking to whiten their teeth.
- Missing teeth – This condition can seriously impact the appearance and function of your mouth. It can lead to shifting teeth and other periodontal problems as well as affect the chewing function. Dentures used to be solution of choice, but since dental implants were offered, many patients have come to prefer them.
- Old fillings – It’s a little off-putting to see dark spots on their molars while people are laughing wholeheartedly or belting out a song. They’re probably mercury fillings, but it doesn’t stop most people from mistaking them for cavities, especially when they’ve dulled and lost their silver sheen. Dental amalgam can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings to improve the appearance of your teeth.
These are just some of the dental problems hindering people from displaying a beautiful smile. They can be resolved by getting the appropriate services from a dentist. NYC patients can happily start flashing their dream smile before long.