An American reality TV series showed an episode where the contestants were to embrace, make the best of and highlight their personal “flaws.” From this episode, the term “flawsome” was coined. One of the flaws featured on the show was “gapped teeth.”
At present, having gapped front teeth is possibly one of least difficult dental problems people may face. It is now also one of the easiest dental issues to correct. Back then, wearing braces to correct gaps and align one’s teeth was the only solution. Braces, however, tend to be very chunky and are quite high-maintenance. Although they were effective in correcting orthodontic problems, many individuals who used them had a difficult and awkward time going through their everyday lives, most specifically with their food choices and diet.
With the introduction of the problem with having gapped teeth was more easily treated. Dental veneers are usually made of thin sheets of porcelain which are bonded on the teeth with gaps.
However, just like with other treatments, there are two sides to this dental solution. Below are the pros and cons of using porcelain veneers:
- Lumineers are very durable and can last up to 15 to 20 years, if they are regularly and properly maintained. They are also low-maintenance; simply brushing and flossing them are the basic maintaining practices you should regularly employ.
- They are very effective in fixing gapped teeth and other types of dental imperfections such as cracked and malformed teeth.
- You can see signs of immediate results when you choose to have porcelain veneers. You can see changes or improvement on your teeth and your smile within a month.
- Porcelain veneers can resist coffee, alcohol and other liquid stains.
- The material used is also specifically made and shaped to the patient’s set of teeth, giving it a natural-looking appearance.
- Porcelain veneers can be quite costly.
- Not everyone can get and use porcelain veneers. If a patient has advanced stages of tooth decay or periodontal diseases and suffers from bruxism, this treatment won’t be recommended at all.
- Although dental veneers are durable, if you grind your teeth, eat hard food or accidentally receive some form of extreme force on your teeth, they can still break.
- Some users of Lumineers have also complained of the pain they experience due to their original teeth being “shaped or sculpted” first before the veneers can be worn.
- There will also be an increase in teeth sensitivity since the enamel of your teeth will be removed if the porcelain veneers will be installed on your teeth.
Porcelain veneers can really be a hassle-free and effective way of correcting your gapped teeth and other dental problems you may have. But make sure that your dentist recommends and approves of this treatment before you invest in it.
robes de mariée courte ont gagné de plus en plus de popularité parmi les jeunes, car elles vont vous rendre plus brillante et animée en donnant au monde votre ligne de jambes. Bon choix pour une cérémonie de mariage à la plage!